Youth Program Info
- Learn to Play/Beginner League/Skills and Drills
- Youth House Leagues
- League Glossary
- Equipment Requirements
- REGISTER NOW
2020 Summer Session @ The Northtown Center
Schedule for Summer 2019 Youth League
- Wednesday May 13th
- 4pm-5pm - Youth Skills and Drills
- 5pm-6pm - 10u Practice #1
- 6pm-7pm - 11u-14u Practice #1
- 7pm-8pm - 15u/18u Practice #1
- Wednesday May 20th
- 4pm-5pm - Youth Skills and Drills
- 5pm-6pm - 10u Practice #2
- 6pm-7pm - 11u-14u Practice #2
- 7pm-8pm - 15u-18u Practice #2
* After This practice we will pick teams for the season and actual games will begin on Wednesday May 27th! Approximate game times will be -
- 4pm - Skills and Drills
- 5pm - 10u
- 6pm-730pm - 11u-14u
- 730pm-915pm - 15u-18u
- We are excited to announce our Summer 2020 League will begin play Wednesday May 13th at the Northtown Center! Please click below for more information on our Summer 2020 session. We will continue to accept Registrations our traditional way - by phone, email, mail and in person, but we are transitioning to our All New online registration system which will provide many perks to all of our players. Registration and payments can be made directly into the system, you can track what's owed and when it's due and also will allow for much better communication between WNYRHL staff and all of it's players. You will even be able to print your own personal player card from your login page!
- Online Registration can be found HERE or you can go directly to www.wnyrh.leagueapps.com. If anyone has any questions or problems with the online Registration please contact [email protected] for assistance.
- We will still accept registrations the traditional way as well this Summer. Please click below for information and forms.
- REGISTER ONLINE NOW
- WNYRHL Membership
- Youth Skills and Drills Info FREE to any player registered in our Summer House League
- Summer 2020 Gameplay Rules
- Individual Registration Form (Youth League, Women's League, or Individual Registration for 21u, Adult or Ball Hockey League)
- We look forward to seeing you all this Summer for some great WNYRHL action! Please call or email Eric Haak - [email protected]/716-903-2658 or Jason Flowers - [email protected]/716-444-2667 with any questions or to register by phone.
- We will have a full stock of the best wheels in the game (Revision Hockey) available for exclusive, unbeatable member only pricing all summer long. Please contact [email protected] to order or you can arrive early for your first game to grab a set.
The Verbero Hockey Summer 2020 Youth House League
- One of the most focused portions of our organization is our Youth Leagues. We offer divisions from 10u, 12u, 14u, 16u, and 18u with individual registration only available. All Youth players receive a complimentary jersey as part of their registration fee. Every youth team is required to have a coach; individual teams will be assigned a coach if needed. Please review our “document” section for registration information. All games are 3, 12 minute periods (run clock) with each team getting one time out. If the game is within 2 goals in the last 2 minutes, we switch to stop clock. If the game ends in a tie, we proceed directly to sudden death overtime and if still tied after overtime, we go directly to a shootout. All games are entered into a live, web based stat system easily access on our website for individual tracking of game play. At the end of each session, the 1st and 2nd place teams will be awarded prizes, with individual awards handed out throughout the duration of the session. We offer not only League prizes to our division winners but also sponsor prizes to our league winner! Please click below for more information on or Youth House Leagues this summer -
The Verbero Hockey Summer 2020 Skills and Drills
- Formerly known as our Learn to Play and Beginner League!
- Our Skills and Drills program is designed for players looking to brush up on hockey skills! ages 3 - 16, whether the child needs to learn how to skate or learn the rules and skills required for hockey. Our instructors will individualize the lesson around the child, breaking the players into small groups based on ability and giving them personalized attention.
- The program is designed for some basic skills and instruction! Many players also choose to use it as extra rink time to practice shots and skating on their own!
- The child may repeat the program as many times as needed. Once a player feels he or she is ready, we offer a scrimmage game for them to advance to a specialized, low competition, game style where instruction is still provided in a nurturing environment. Eventually, our House Youth League is available for players who are comfortable with their skills and ready to play competitive hockey. Please click below for more info on our Beginner Skills and Drills program!
- Experienced instructors will provide basic lessons in skating skills, techniques, and basic In-Line hockey rules, techniques, and skills with minimal equipment required. Goalie instruction also available
- WHAT YOU NEED TO GET STARTED:
- Shin Pads, Elbow Pads, Gloves, Helmet w/cage, Skates w/indoor wheels, Hockey Stick, Inline Pants (sweat or pajamapants acceptable), & Cup (Optional)
- Goalie equipment: Pads, Helmet & Neck guard, Chest Protector, Pants, Goalie Stick, Blocker and Glove.